Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Seattle Seahawks

So the Seattle Seahawks have a new head coach. They hired Pete Carroll of USC. Now you can argue that he is a good or bad hire. I have my own opinion which you may share. I personally don't think it's going to work, and I don't think it will even be close. I view a success as 10 wins a year, and at least contending for the Division playoff title. He won't get that done.
With that being said the process of the hiring lacks integrity. First they fire their coach after what was really the best season they could have expected, given the talent. However, the thing I have a problem with is that circumvented the Rooney Rule, by just interviewing a black coach to abide by the rule, then continuing to do what they wanted to do by hiring Pete Carroll. That lacks integrity, and that's the problem with the NFL. You should be able to hire whoever you want to. And if you're going to make a rule MAKE THEM ABIDE BY IT.

Good Luck Seattle


-Kortney Shane
Comedian

No comments: